Thursday, June 5, 2014

Behind the Scenes of Sermons from a Psycho

I've told the story a few times of how this blog came to be (a joke accepted as an issued challenge). And, I've told parts of the story of me a few times (like, almost every blog post that has spewed from my fingers since accepting the jokingly made challenge) - but these are usually just the bad things. Therefore, because I'm running a little dry on what to write about (or am just too lazy to come up with something), I figured I'd give everyone just a tiny little peek into who this "sermon" writing psycho is...

General Info:

Name: Brandi aka Rianna Tyler (pen name, D&D name, Skyrim name, etc)
Family: 6 kids, 1 grandson, 2 turtles, 2 dogs, several fish, 1 husband
Job: support person for a database company that's based in Austria. I love my job. I love the people. I love the work and the database. Computers are my friend :)
Writing: I used to write smut novels, vampire novels, short stories, poetry, and song lyrics. Now, it's generally just Christian writing and poetry.
Time spent on computer: 24/7


Favorites: 

Color: Red... or black... sometimes silver. I also like white... and blue... I'm gaining a new appreciation for obnoxious neon colors. Bright orange is cool. And I look good in earthy tones, especially when I have red hair
Music: favorite singer is Meat Loaf, but I love almost any kind of music
TV: I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do it's either stupid reality shows, Law & Order SVU, NCIS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or the old Beauty and the Beast series. Also enjoy Star Trek TNG or Voyager... sometimes DS9.
Movies: Again, don't watch very often. If I had to pick a favorite... Bram Stoker's Dracula, Se7en, Star Wars IV, V, VI
Books: Anything by Shakespeare or Dickens; the Canterbury Tales; To Kill a Mockingbird; Stephen King (though I haven't read any of his stuff in forever); Romance novels (don't judge me)
Clothing style: Jeans, tank and flannel shirt; or just pajamas. I usually live in my pj's
Social Networking site: Google+, although Facebook is cool, and I finally signed up for Twitter which is proving to be rather addictive
Sports: haha! funny... (although, I do watch the Vikings lose, and enjoy watching my kids play various sports
Games: Ticket to Ride! (great board game!); D&D; a few video games (PacMan, Mario, Oblivion, Skyrim
Holiday: Halloween! There's nothing quite like decorating the yard to be a creepy cemetery, and hanging cobwebs all over the house, and walk around in black capes
Day of the week:  Sunday and Wednesday. Ok yeah, as weird as it sounds, I look forward to Church and Bible Study.

Hobbies: 

Well, I obviously like to write. I also paint (acrylic); do various different crafty things; sometimes get into moods to build robots (which actually means I take apart electronics, then give up trying to do anything useful with the parts); math puzzles... or just math problems; creating websites and web graphics; and probably a few other things I can't remember at the moment

Childhood (the good stuff)

My favorite childhood memories...

Camping on my uncle's farm in the middle of the woods: And by camping, I mean real camping - tents, digging our own fire pit to cook over, bathing in the river. Building forts. Making bows and arrows. Accidentally hurting a squirrel with the bow and arrow. Great times! I could write a novel about all the fun I had on those trips. 

Wisconsin, on my great-grandma's farm: There was no running water in the house, so it was an outhouse, and showers in the milk house. Milking cows. Riding cows. Riding horse. Attempting to ride a goat. Playing with the ducklings. Naming the ducks and chickens and turkeys - only to find out Spot was on the dinner table. Playing for hours in the pasture. Rock climbing. Getting tied up to the stanchions. And trees. And anything else. Again, I could write a novel on the wonderful times.

The Current Good Stuff (aka what I do when I'm not hiding behind a computer screen):

TV marathons: my kids (especially my daughters) and I often will watch a series together. Our latest ones - Gilmore Girls, Dawson's Creek, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Long walks: I love walking around town with my kids! And, they're a little kooky, like me, so it's entertaining.These walks are especially fun when it's a blizzard outside, or when it's pouring rain. Or when we all go out in our feetie pajamas.

Swimming!: Pool is filling as I type this. We spend hours in the pool during the summer.

Watching my kids' games: basketball, volleyball, softball, baseball, archery. They do not get their athletics from me!

Firepit: sitting around a fire, singing songs or playing silly games, just enjoying family time.

Wow... this is kind of long and full of useless info...

Well, I just realized that I've rambled on much more than I had intended. And, it's after midnight. And, I'm only writing this because a couple people requested a bit more info about me.

So... if you've made it this far... I'm sorry :)

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system